Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why does it rain on me...

"I can't sleep tonight
Everybody's saying everything is alright
Still I can't close my eyes
I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of all these lights

Sunny days
Where have you gone?
I get the strangest feeling you belong

Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Why does it always rain on me?
Even when the sun is shining
I can't avoid the lightning

I can't stand myself
I'm being held up by invisible men
Still life on a shelf when
I got my mind on something else "


I love this song, though it doesn't really seem to help with my moodiness, or what my mom calls Charlie Brown syndrome, which isn't really far fetched... I can really liken myself to Ol' chuck... which I guess isn't really a good thing, but I do feel like Charlie Brown most of the time. I could be like anyone, but no, the person I identify with the most is a lovable loser, who is awkward and nervous, who is full of hope and determination though always finds himself with the short end of the stick and for the most part just lets out a "Good Grief" and goes on with life.

Its odd... Charlie Brown isn't the only 8 year old cartoon character I too....
Brendon Small for Home Movies as much as I try to be well-meaning and logical, I find myself plagued by oversight, apathy, egotism, and finding myself to be more and more neurotic...

Moody and feeling like a hermit most of the time, you can take your elatedness and shove it.

No comments: